Thursday, March 10, 2011

Embroidered Sleeve Shirts



Embroidered Sleeve Shirts

The thought of the whole family wearing embroidered short sleeve shirts that matched struck me as being both special and being convenient. In later years, I would learn the importance of not having the child’s name on the tops, but at the time, I thought that was the only thing missing.

While I am sure that not everyone, especially the older children, appreciated being dressed alike, this is actually a very convenient and polite way of keeping track of the whole bunch. Everyone had on this solid, blue shirt. Today, I do not remember exactly what the design on the back was, but I do remember it was matching from one family member to the other.

The benefit of this is wonderful if you stop and think about it. The blue color could be matched by anyone, but the customized embroidery on the back was unique to this family. Regardless of where each family member went, they would always be able to easily pinpoint other members of the family because of that one shirt.


No comments:

Post a Comment